To educate licensed health professionals in the use of the clinical use of essential oils to enhance their practice.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Use 33 essential oils in your practice, safely, and effectively
2. Use aromatherapy clinically
3. Use essential oils to enhance treatment of chronic conditions
4. Evaluate the role of essential oils in infection
5. Use aromatherapy in stress, AIDS/HIV, women’s health, oncology, critical care, palliative care, depression, insomnia, chronic pain, slow wound healing, sinusitis and skin problems
6. Write protocols and policies for integrating aromatherapy into practice
7. Demonstrate a hand ‘M’ Technique®
8. Play an active role in multi-disciplinary health teams
9. Carry out a small research project and present the findings
10. Successfully complete the three-part externally- administered Examination for Certification (33 case-studies, research project and written exam paper).